Driverless cars, vehicle sensors and actuators, real-time navigation assistance integrated into social networking…these are all technologies being developed to make transportation safer and more efficient.
And while the process of creating these technologies is important, innovations like these can only come about when researchers talk to government and industry to know the real-world transportation problems and issues that are being faced.
As one of five national university transportation centers funded by the United States Department of Transportation, Mobility21 is creating opportunities for these innovators, and industry professionals and to collaborate.
Every year, the National Mobility Summit invites all mobility-themed US DOT University Transportation Centers together for an event to discuss the real-world problems, opportunities and innovations in today’s transportation landscape. The summit provides a unique opportunity for researchers, government and industry representatives from across the country to participate in panel discussions, breakout sessions and a research showcase to share their ideas and create new collaborative efforts to transfer research to deployment.
- Check out The National Mobility Summit 2023 Recap from March 16, 2023.
- Read about The National Mobility Summit 2023 in the TRB newsletter from August 2023.
- Check out The National Mobility Summit 2021 Recap from April 15, 2021.
- The National Mobility Summit 2020 has been rescheduled for April 15, 2021.
- Check out The National Mobility Summit 2019 Recap from April 11, 2019.
- Check out The National Mobility Summit 2018 Recap from April 12, 2018.