TRAFFIC21/MOBILITY21 UNIVERSITY TRANSPORTATION CENTER DEPLOYMENT PARTNER CONSORTIUM SYMPOSIUM
November 19 & 20, 2020 – Virtual
The Traffic21/Mobility21 Deployment Partner Consortium is engaged for identifying real-world transportation needs, research project development and deployment, technology licensing and commercialization, student recruitment for jobs and internships, class and capstone projects.
Putting our research, development and deployment approach into action – the annual deployment partner symposium provides an opportunity for interaction and discussion among researchers, students and deployment partners.
In 2020, the Traffic21/Mobility21 University Transportation Center Deployment Partner Consortium Symposium was held virtually on Thursday, November 19 from 11 AM – 2:30 PM eastern, followed on Friday, November 20 with a UTC Academic and Research Showcase.
Over 250 registrants from academia, community, government, and industry joined over 30 speakers for the 2 day event.
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Welcome & Program Updates Watch the video here.
Panel One: Transportation & Equity – How to address systemic challenges Watch the video here.
- Sofia Gallo, Special Assistant for Policy, Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Carol Wright, Director of Easter Seals Transportation Group and co-director of the National Aging and Disability Transportation Center
- Jill Hough, Program Director, Small Urban and Rural Center on Mobility, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute, North Dakota State University
- Mariah S. Stanley, National Program Manager, Conference of Minority Transportation Officials
Panel Two: COVID-19 – How has mobility changed and impacted deployment? Watch the video here.
- Yassmin Gramian, Secretary of Transportation, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
- Chuck Hammel, CEO, Pitt OHIO
- Larry Rilett, Distinguished Professor, Keith W. Klaasmeyer Chair in Engineering and Technology, Director of the Nebraska Transportation Center and the Mid-America Transportation Center
- Vincent Valdes, CEO, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Connie McGee, Board President, Association for Commuter Transportation
Friday, November 20, 2020
UTC Research and Education Showcase
11 AM – Noon: Watch the Video Here.
- Autonomous Logistics Services
- Spectrum Policy for Connected Vehicles
- Real-Time Obstacle Detection and Traffic Analytics
- Development of A Safe, Profitable, and Fair Robotaxi Deployment Strategy
- INCEPTS: Software for Determining Optimal Placement of Electric Vehicle Chargers
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM: Watch the video here.
- Using LGSVL and Apollo Simulator to Assess HMI Needs While in Self-driving mode
- Improving Short-term Travel Speed Prediction with High Resolution Spatial and Temporal Rainfall Data
- Pedestrians on the Roadway
- What the heck is a “Choice Rider” anyway? A theoretical framework and empirical findings from the Philadelphia region.
- Leveraging Data Sources to Assess Effects of a Mileage Based User Fees in Pennsylvania (attachment 1, attachment 2)
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Watch the video here.
- Towards More Accessible Trip Planning Dialog System
- Bus on the edge: Continuous monitoring of traffic and infrastructure
- Mobility Data Analytics Center
- School Bus Sharing
2:45 PM – 3:45 PM: Watch the video here.
- Mentoring Emerging Scholars in Robotics (attachment 1)
- F1Tenth Autonomous Racing: Community, Competitions and Courses
- Virtual Racing
You can also check out the “Idea Board” populated by symposium participants throughout the event.